Tags: Spanish Civil War, History, Freedom, Opus Dei, Politics, Franco
Tags: The Escriva family, History
Tags: Barbastro, The Escriva family, Logroño, Josemaria Escriva
Tags: Barbastro, The Escriva family, Poverty, Josemaria Escriva
Tags: Barbastro, The Escriva family
Tags: October 2, 1928, Founding of Opus Dei
Tags: Founding of Opus Dei, Youth
Tags: Spanish Civil War, History, Freedom, Politics
Search in: Historical Notes
List of Contents
- What was Father Josemaria Escriva’s reaction to the attempted military coup of July 18, 1936?
- Historical Notes Introduction
- Was the Escriva family well off or short of money?
- What sort of childhood did Josemaria Escriva have?
- Why did Josemaria’s father’s business fail?
- If Opus Dei had no members till the 1930s, why did Josemaria Escriva say it was founded in 1928?
- What difficulties did Opus Dei meet with at the start?
- What kind of people did Father Josemaria Escriva work with in Opus Dei’s early years?
- What was Father Josemaria Escriva’s attitude towards the Second Spanish Republic?
- Where did the first Opus Dei members stand politically?